Ivacy recently launched a new version of its app tailor-made for Amazon Fire TV devices, including the new Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Stick. Now you can get this great VPN on your Firestick to unblock geo-locked video streams and make your viewing habits more private.
Score: 5/10Read more
|Video Streaming Support:||Yes|
Score: 6/10Read more
|Other Streaming Services:||Hulu|
Score: 8/10Read more
|Value for Money|
Score: 6/10Read more
|Lowest Monthly Cost:||10|
|Money Back Guarantee:||Yes|
Here’s how to install Ivacy on an Amazon Firestick:
- Sign up for any Ivacy plan (discounted rate here) if you don’t yet have one
- From the Home screen, go to the magnifying glass icon in the top left corner
- Search for “Ivacy” and select the first option that appears
- Tap the yellow Get button to download and install the Ivacy app
- Once it’s finished, click the yellow button again to Open the app
- Log in with your Ivacy username and password, or use the Ivacy app on your phone to scan the QR code
- Click the bar that says Automatic to choose a server, then click the power button to initialize a connection
- Accept the request for Ivacy to set up a VPN connection by clicking OK
- You’re connected! You can now leave the app and the VPN will stay connected in the background.
TRY IT RISK FREE:All Ivacy plans are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk free.
Ivacy has long been a favorite among Kodi users, and we can confirm it works with all of the addons we’ve tested.
READER DEAL:Get a huge discount on any Ivacy VPN plan backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
See also: How to install Kodi on Firestick
Ivacy VPN for Amazon Fire TV
Ivacy can unblock a ton of streaming services and costs less than most VPNs, making it a great option for those who want to access geo-locked video streams from abroad but don’t want to shell out a ton of money for another subscription. It can unblock Netflix US and BBC iPlayer, among others. You may need to contact Ivacy’s live chat support to ask which servers work with a particular streaming service.
The company doesn’t store any logs of what you do with the VPN. Strong encryption ensures no data that leaves your device can be seen by third parties. Speeds are fast and consistent, perfect for streaming in high quality without buffering.
Ivacy subscribers can connect up to five devices at a time. Apps are also available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android.
Ivacy VPN for older Fire TV devices
The first-generation Firestick and some other older Fire TV might not be compatible with VPNs at all. Even if you get the app to connect, it won’t stay connected when you move on to other apps. If you want to use PrivateVPN with an older Fire TV device, you have a couple options:
- Set up a VPN-protected wifi hotspot. Most laptops can broadcast a wifi hotspot to nearby devices. By connecting to a VPN on the laptop, any device that connects to the hotspot will have its internet traffic forwarded through the VPN server. Check out our video on how to set up a VPN-protected hotspot in Windows 10:
- Configure the VPN on a wifi router. Some wifi routers can run VPNs so any device connected to them will go through the encrypted tunnel. This process varies depending on your router firmware and VPN provider. If your router firmware doesn’t support VPNs, you might be able to replace it with something that does, such as DD-WRT or Tomato. Be warned, however, that improperly installing new device firmware–a process known as “flashing”–can permanently damage your device. Exercise caution!
What else can you do?
If those options are not feasible for you, it’s probably best just to upgrade your Fire TV device to a newer model.
This is another sub heading
See also: Best VPNs for Amazon Fire Stick